- TV Shows
- Dead Island
Dead Island features open world roaming, played from a first person perspective. The focus is on melee combat, incorporating customizable weaponry, vehicular customization/combat, and RPG elements.
There is an experience system as well as a skill tree system. There is also a stamina bar, meaning that after a set amount of action with a weapon, the character will need to stop to regain their stamina before continuing to attack. It has also been confirmed that there are "special class" zombies, which are more powerful than the standard zombie. Players will need to use flashlights in dark areas and during night time sections, adding suspense. Changing seasons have been confirmed to not take place during the game, although a weather system is in effect. Although there is a child being infected in the original Dead Island trailer, it has been stated that there will be no child zombies in the game.
Specific enemies in the game are "The Suicider", a large enemy with boils upon its body, heavily disfiguring it; "The Butcher", a humanoid-shaped zombie with long hair, and missing both arms from the elbow, with only bones sticking out of the sockets; "The Thug", which knocks players over, stunning them; "The Ram", a large man wrapped in a straitjacket with a mask covering his mouth; and finally "The Floater", another large disfigured enemy covered in slime with large red eyes who will vomit slime at the players.
The game is set in the fictional island of Banoi, located off the coast of Papua New Guinea. The main characters wake up in the Palms Resort hotel to find the island attacked by zombies and mysteriously, they are immune to whatever is making people into zombies. As they try to find and help other survivors, they must also find a way to escape the island as well. The players go through a series of both main and side quests. First they help stabilize the lifeguard center and bring supplies. The characters maintain contact via radio with the mysterious Colonel White who leads the characters into the jungle to find the source of the infection. Eventually, they reach a laboratory where, with help from the local tribe, a vaccine is created. When the characters return to the lab to see the results of the blood test, a zombie breakout occurs and every scientist is killed. The characters rescue a young native woman named Yerema whose blood contains the antivirus and the vaccine that was made. The final act of the game takes place within the prison where, in cooperation with the prisoners, the characters find White and reveal his true purposes to nuke the island and give the vaccine to his infected wife. The tables turn when White's wife bites him and he uses the vaccine on himself. He subsequently undergoes a mutation and turns into a monstrous creature. After he is killed, the characters and Yerema take the chopper and leave the island.
- Xian Mei (voiced by Kim Mai Guest), an employee at the Royal Palms Resort. Born and raised in Hong Kong, she chose an occupation that allowed her to leave her country of birth in order to experience different people and cultures. She is a fast learner, intelligent, and quick on her feet. Having just arrived at Banoi Island, Xian Mei was responsible for myriad menial tasks at the hotel, before starting work as a receptionist. This opportunity to meet and greet all the different nationalities that visited the hotel was ideal for Xian Mei, as it provided a perfect source of inspiration for her dreams of travelling the globe.
- Sam B (voiced by Phil LaMarr), a one-hit wonder rap star from New Orleans. He was booked by the Royal Palms Resort to perform his well-known song "Who Do You Voodoo, Bitch?" at a high profile hotel party. He gladly took the chance to play this gig. Once strong, self-confident and proud, Sam B has had a troubled past and a history of drug and alcohol abuse, as his private life became caught in a haze of fake friends and bad advisers. He believed his gig at Banoi was his last chance to get back on top.
- Logan (voiced by David Kaye), a former NFL star, spoiled by life and successful in every possible way. Logan's ego finally put an end to his bright future. Taking part in a reckless street race with tragic consequences, Logan not only killed a young woman - his unfortunate passenger - he also fractured his knee, putting an end to his sports career. His fall from stardom inevitably followed and he plunged swiftly into a life of bitterness and despair. He ended up letting a blood drive use his name, and in return received an all expenses paid trip to Banoi.
- Purna (voiced by Peta Johnson), a former officer of the New South Wales Police Force, referred to by the game as the 'Sydney Police department'. After losing her career when she shot a child molester who could not be prosecuted because of his wealth and connections, Purna then turned to working as a bodyguard for VIPs in dangerous places all over the world. She is hired not just for her skills but for her looks, as wealthy men do not mind showing up with Purna on their arm.
Notice: Undefined index: uid in /home/clients/toonsempire/domains/new.toons-empire.com/html/_inc/tvshow.php on line 1614
- add YOUR favorite Dead Island character!.. »
The hell is up with the video games in the Tv-Show section?